WOW I'm 60 years old and I don't feel any different than how I felt yesterday. So many people around this age appear a bit hesitant to tell anyone. I must admit I did stop and think before putting it on Facebook but thought well I can't change it, I am what I am, 60 years old. There you go, I said it again. How empowering it is to live true to yourself.
We go through so many changes in our life and have so many wonderful experiences, good and bad. I don't dwell too much on the bad. I think that we have to go through all these experiences to be who we are. My past has made me who I am and I am happy about where I am in my life.
I feel so lucky in my life. It's not about the $$ but it's more about how I feel. I know, we need the $$ to pay the bills but to have a rewarding life with wonderful people around me to share this with....mmm yes, I'm blessed. I was with my first husband for 27 years and have 2 great kids and with a new partner of some 7 years, I now have 4 wonderful adult kids and 3 gorgeous grand children and friends.
The people I like to be around in our community, I call "givers". When I find myself in a room with the "takers" of this life, I move away and am always drawn to the "givers" for those are the ones that appear to care, have empathy and emotional intelligence. The "takers" well they just keep taking!
Well I've been a bit lax for here I am 60 and a half and have only written such a small piece. I'm going to try to write more often.
You know, I feel very comfortable in my skin more so than when I was younger. Getting older is not such a horrible thing to do. I'm more confident and really not so worried about what others think of me. I still don't think about how old I am although everyone around me keeps reminding me. I try to ignore them. There seems to be a pattern, as you get older there appears to be some schedule you're expected to be in but of course, I'm talking about being a female in this big wonderful world of ours. So, we go through menopause or some of us do. I did, the flooding of blood every month for my periods; hot flushes or I prefer to call them "power surges" and putting on a little bit more weight but then I should exercise more. After my "power surges" subsided, my body temperature changed. I always hated the cold but now I feel comfortable in the cold and the heat is just too much for me and now I sweat so easily where before I had to do a lot of manual work to get a up a sweat. I was so worried about this and then I got talking to a couple of girlfriends about this and each of them said "I'm the same" how good did I feel and them to find out that we're not the only one, there are others! I was going to go to the doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Ahhh a women's lot!
You know, I feel very comfortable in my skin more so than when I was younger. Getting older is not such a horrible thing to do. I'm more confident and really not so worried about what others think of me. I still don't think about how old I am although everyone around me keeps reminding me. I try to ignore them. There seems to be a pattern, as you get older there appears to be some schedule you're expected to be in but of course, I'm talking about being a female in this big wonderful world of ours. So, we go through menopause or some of us do. I did, the flooding of blood every month for my periods; hot flushes or I prefer to call them "power surges" and putting on a little bit more weight but then I should exercise more. After my "power surges" subsided, my body temperature changed. I always hated the cold but now I feel comfortable in the cold and the heat is just too much for me and now I sweat so easily where before I had to do a lot of manual work to get a up a sweat. I was so worried about this and then I got talking to a couple of girlfriends about this and each of them said "I'm the same" how good did I feel and them to find out that we're not the only one, there are others! I was going to go to the doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Ahhh a women's lot!
Comments
Post a Comment